Pricing Rules define rules on how you charge for a gift card and how your customer can redeem it.
Each Gift Card is defined by one or more Pricing Rule associated with it. A Pricing Rule contains information regarding the pricing and rules, like expiration, etc.
Note: if you want to support pricing rules in ore more currencies, please make sure those currencies are defined before your create new pricing rule. Learn more about Currencies support on Omnibasis.
Once you create a Gift Card, you can manage Pricing Rules.
Navigate to the gift card you want to manage from omniCommerce \ Manage Catalog \ Products, select Manage next the gift card from the drop down action menu.
Pricing Rule List
Select Pricing Rules section.
- Click Create to create a new rule. Click Add Price to add shared price your created before.
- Select Edit from dropdown option menu next to the status on the list to edit an existing rule.
Create or Edit Pricing Rule
- Use Configure section to give a custom name to a price or set a status.
- Navigate to Rules section to manage gift card rules.
- Select Type of Gift cards.
- Set time the card expired if any after it is issued. Some countries do not allow expiration. For example, selecting 100 days, means an issued gift card will expire in 100 days.
- Configure Redemption Code Length, default is 10 digits.
- If you want to limit your card redemption to in store only, select In store only. Customers will not be able to redeem the gift card for online purchase.
- If you want redemption codes in numbers and letters, turn off Generate automatically only with numbers.
- Enter Currency amount for the card purchase and select Currency.
Note: when gift card is issued, the redemption code is a secret and only know to the customer. You can always resent the code if its lost. It is designed to prevent fraud and piracy of your gift cards!