Rewards enrollment lets you create a pass that prompts the user to sign up for a rewards program. These passes are referred to as personalizable passes, because the user provides personal information during signup that is used to update the pass.
Note: Rewards enrollment is only available for NFC-enabled reward cards.
Personalizable passes can be distributed like any other pass. When the user installs a personalizable pass, it automatically triggers the following signup procedure:
- Wallet presents a signup form that describes the program, requests the user’s personal information, and presents the program’s terms and conditions.
- After the user completes the signup form, Wallet posts the user’s data and a personalization token to omniPass.
- omniPass creates an account for the user.
- omniPass signs the personalization token using the pass certificate, and returns the signed token.
- Wallet verifies the signed token. If the verification fails, Wallet sends a warning to omniPass logging endpoint.
- Wallet makes a get request for the personalized pass.
- omniPass creates and returns a personalized pass.
- Wallet removes the original, personalizable pass and installs the new personalized pass.
Note: Users can skip or cancel out of the signup procedure. If the signup procedure is not completed, the personalizable pass remains in Wallet, and Wallet adds a Sign Up button to the back of the pass. Users can tap that button to restart the signup procedure at any time.