A Resource is used for describing anything the can be schedule and booked by a customer. It contains all the related pricing rules, specific promotions rules, and any media like images, videos, documents associated with the resource. Anything that can be scheduled is a resource. Your personal calendar, your meeting rooms, your fitness classes, your vacation rental property.
Each Resource may have an optional Pricing Rule in case you charge for a booking, so you can define the base cost. Details such as base pricing, payment terms are inherited from the Pricing Rule when Booking Order is created but can be overridden at the individual Order-level.
To create a resource navigate to omniBookings \ Manage Resources \ Resources and click Create in the action menu at the top right corner.
- Set Status to active.
- Select Enable multi-day booking if resource can be booked across many days.
- Enter a Quantity for this resource. Quantity more then 1 can be used to sell tickets for example.
- Turn on One time, if resource is one time event or once is all quantity is booked, it is not available.
- Enter a Name for a resource.
- Optionally you can configure resource identifications using Identifier.
- Enter a Short description about the resource
- Enter a full Description, it will appear in detailed view for this resource.
- Setup background and foreground colors for this resource to be used on a calendar.
- Use Labels to help you group the resource by different labels and search for resource on your site.
- Click Create button to create resource.
You can edit the way that a resource appears in search results on the resource's details page. If you do not enter any information, a default resource name and short description will be used.
- In the Title, enter a descriptive title. This title will display as a link in search engine results. You can enter up to 256 characters in the title.
- In the URL, you can edit the web address. In most cases, you won't need to make changes to the web address. If you do make changes, then make sure that you set up URL redirects if you used it anywhere with omniSite. Note: The URL is automatically generated when you create a resource title. You can edit the url to make it match your resource title.
- Enter a Description for the search engine listing. Make sure to include relevant keywords to help new customers find your link, and to include your business name. You can enter up to 4000 characters in the description.
- Enter relevant Keywords. Keywords appear in search queries that people enter in search engines. For example, a person might search for dolphin adventure. The keywords in this search would be dolphin adventure. To make your resources appear higher in search results, you should try to find out which keywords your customers might use to find your resources, and add those keywords here.