Tax rates are what you charge your customer in addition to the cost of the products or services that they order. The cost of any tax rates are added to a customer's order at checkout and calculated based on your tax location or customer address.
You can use default Omnibasis Shipping Rates or integration with a tax provider. You can choose not to collect taxes. Or you can setup taxes on a specific product level. Your choice. Omnibasis is very flexible.
Navigate to omniCommerce \ Commerce Settings \ Taxes \ Tax Rates and click Create from action menu.
- Select Tax Provider, if any. In example, we use Omnibasis default rates provider, which we created before.
- Give it a Name.
- Select Country, City, Region, Zip Code / Postal Code. You can select All to apply to all destinations. In our example, we selected United States - which means we will use Omnibasis default rates for US.
Specific Location Override
You might want to override a specific location for taxes. For example, we do not want to charge any taxes in San Diego, 92101 area code.
- Create a new tax rule.
- Choose manual tax provider or leave it blank.
- Give it a name.
- Select an exact location you want to override.
- Set rate you want to charge, in our example we set it to 0.