A Content is used for describing anything the can be published and viewed, watched, listened or read by a customer and put together in one Collection. It inherits from collection related pricing rules and specific promotions rules. It has its own media like images, videos, documents associated with the content. Anything that can be published can be a content. For example, you write a post in your business or personal blog, your made a video or audio, you publish a new episode of a podcast. You can use content as a discussion topic in the group where your users and customers collaborate and discuss. Anything is possible to publish with a content.
To create a new content navigate to omniContent \ Collections and click Manage next to the collection you want to manage. Navigate to Content section and click Create to create a new content.
- Set Status to active.
- Select Type of a content, Text, Video, Audio, or Mix. Type helps to filter for a specific type of content.
- Optionally you can configure collection identifications using Identifier.
- Enter a Title for this content.
- Select Language that identifies a language for this content.
- Enter a Short description about the collection.
- Enter a full Description, it will appear in detailed view for this collection.
- If content has an external media file hosted someplace else, enter External link to content media file.
- If you know content length in bytes (video and audio) for external link file, enter Length.
- If you know default Content media type for external link file, enter it here.
- Use Labels to help you group the content by different labels and search for content on your site.
- Click Create button to create content.
You can edit the way that a content appears in search results on the content's details page. If you do not enter any information, a default content title and short description will be used.
- In the Title, enter a descriptive title. This title will display as a link in search engine results. You can enter up to 256 characters in the title.
- In the URL, you can edit the web address. In most cases, you won't need to make changes to the web address. If you do make changes, then make sure that you set up URL redirects if you used it anywhere with omniSite. Note: The URL is automatically generated when you create a content title. You can edit the url to make it match yourcontent title.
- Enter a Description for the search engine listing. Make sure to include relevant keywords to help new customers find your link, and to include your business name. You can enter up to 4000 characters in the description.
- Enter relevant Keywords. Keywords appear in search queries that people enter in search engines. For example, a person might search for dolphin captivity. The keywords in this search would be dolphin captivity. To make your content appear higher in search results, you should try to find out which keywords your customers might use to find your content, and add those keywords here.
Override Default Settings
You can override default settings.
- To turn off video and audio ads select, Do not show ads.
- If you uploaded audio or video media file and do not want to use built in player, select Do not use default player.