Based on your Import needs your might need to create separate columns for your contacts' first and last names in an excel spreadsheet before importing it into Omnibasis.
Before you import a contact list into Omnibasis, please format your spreadsheet to prevent import errors. Omnibasis uses individual columns for first name and surname. If you spreadsheet has both first and last names in a single column, it's best to separate them before you import your list.
Here are the steps to separate first and last names in Excel 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013.
- Add an empty column by right-clicking on the top of the column next to the existing column of names, then select Insert.
- Click the Data tab.
- Click on the top of the column with your contacts' names to highlight the whole column.
- Click Text to Columns.
- Select Delimited and click Next.
- Deselect Tab and select Space, and then click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Update the column headers so that each column is clearly named Name or Surname.
If you have columns that you don't need, you can just delete them before uploading your spreadsheet into Omnibasis. For additional help using Excel, please see Microsoft Office Support.
Note: Separating your contacts first and last names lets you take advantage of email features that help you customize your messages! You can add a name to your subject line, include a personalized greeting, and add contact details to the body of your email or SMS.